Meet the Counseling Services Staff
Ø Mrs. Lisa Shirvinski, Counselor
Mrs. Shirvinski graduated from Bloomsburg University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Studies Education and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and Political Science. She taught High School Social Studies for a year in Central Dauphin School District. She began her career in the East Penn School District as a teacher. She taught 8th Grade Social Studies for eight years at Eyer Middle School. She received a Masters Degree of Education in Curriculum and Instruction and a Masters Degree of Education in Secondary Education School Counseling from Kutztown University. Mrs. Shirvinski enjoys working with students to help them be successful.
Ø Michael Nytz, Counselor
Mr. Nytz graduated from Warner Southern College in 1990 with a degree in Psychology, and in 1996 with an MA in Counseling from The College of New Jersey. He earned Guidance Certification from University of Scranton in 1998. e is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
ØJack Decker, Instructional Support Teacher
Mr. Decker lives with his wife and two daughters, Jacqueline and Marissa, in Emmaus. He has worked in the East Penn School District for over twenty-five years as an elementary teacher, Instructional Support teacher, assistant principal, and coach. His hobbies include reading, traveling, camping, horses, and observing nature. His current project includes developing a partnership with churches and schools in Nyeri, Kenya.
Joan Johston, Middle Level School Psychologist
Donna M. Smith, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Smith is the Administrative Assistant for the three grade level counselors and ISP director. She graduated from Southern Lehigh High School and Shippensburg University. She resides in Lower Saucon Township with her husband Donald. Mrs. Smith enjoys working with the students and staff at LMMS. Some of her favorite hobbies include traveling with her family, reading, dancing and cruising in their '69 Chevy Camaro.
1. Conduct course registration.
2. Provide academic advisement.
3. Facilitate individual and large-group testing.
4. Work in conjunction with IST to increase student success.
5. Coordinate home-schooling and homebound instruction.
6. Provide peer-tutoring services.
7. Conduct orientation program to the school's facilities and programs for new students.
1. Utilize county-wide Career Pathways program of career exploration.
2. Coordinate annual Lehigh County Career Technical Institute tour.
3. Organize the Learning for Life career guest speaker program.
4. Administer the California Occupational Preference Survey (COPS).
1. Provide individual and group counseling on a variety of issues.
2. Conduct crisis counseling at LMMS or other schools within the East Penn School District.
3. Coordinate mental health services with area providers.
4. Facilitate peer mediation program.
5. Chaperone school events.