Healthy children are vital to our society's future. As a school district, we accept the responsibility of providing an educational program that will assist them in their choices and promote the health and well-being of our students. A healthy child makes wise and educated choices to allow him/her to reach full potential. This is best achieved through the combined efforts of the family, school, and community.
Health Education Goals:
1. Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Health and Safety.
2. Encourage students to develop and maintain a holistic approach to healthy living.
3. Encourage students to develop and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
4. Promote a healthy and safe school environment.
5. Provide information and experiences about health related issues.
6. Identify the need for and foster communication and cooperation among family, school, and community in maintaining and promoting student health.
Wellness/Fitness Education Goals:
1. Meet and exceed the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Physical Education.
2. Promote sportsmanship and respect for differences among people in physical activity settings.
3. Provide physical activity on a regular basis.
4. Introduce students to various activities to promote lifelong physical activity.
|Mrs. Lisa Wells - Department Chair|
|Ms. Elani Assise|
|Mr. Randy Atiyeh
|Mr. Patrick Birns
|Mr. Vinnie D'Agostino
|Ms. Jeannine Martini|
|Mrs. Laura Moye
|Mrs. Lori Sheipe-Miller|
Please see the Program of Studies for more detailed course information.
Click here for the Health & Wellness curriculum.