- Keep the environment safe.
- Listen and follow the directions the first time given.
- Be a good sport.
- Practice hard.
Appropriate footwear: SNEAKERS with laces or velcro are appropriate. Please no Crocs, "high heeled" sneakers, sneakers with wheels, sandals, hiking boots, snow boots, dress shoes, or flip flops.
If your child is injured or sick prior to class, please provide a doctor's note to be excused from class. Please provide the date of the excuse, and the date your child may return to activity. ***If a child is excused from physical education, he/she should not participate in physical activity during recess.
Students in grades 3-5 receive a health, wellness, and fitness grade on their report cards. Students can earn grades in the following areas:
Demonstrates Consistent Effort
- Follows Rules and directions
- Actively participates in play
- Listens while others are speaking
- Prepared for class (sneakers and appropriate clothing)
- Plays honest and fair
- Demonstrates proper behavior toward opponent during play
- Shows respect for themselves, others and equipment
- Demonstrates a cooperative attitude
Students will receive a grade of 1, 2, 3 or 4 in the above areas. Below, you will find a description of each performance level.
4 Excellent-- The child is making excellent progress and is consistently meeting or exceeding the grade-level skills/standards at this time.
3 Satisfactory-- The child is making satisfactory progress and is on target to meet or is meeting the grade-level skills/standards at this time.
2 Partial Progress-- The child is making partial progress and needs improvement to meet the grade-level skills/standards at this time.
1 Experiencing Difficulty-- The child is experiencing difficulty in making adequate progress and is not meeting the grade-level skills/standards at this time.