Please check your child’s homework assignment book on a nightly basis to help ensure that the work is being completed on time and sign it each night. “Oops” slips are send home when there is a pattern of missed homework. This is to be returned the next day with a parent signature and the missed assignment. This will help me to understand why the assignments were missed and help me to keep track of missed homework. If a pattern of missed homework continues, I may ask that we have a conference to resolve the situation.
Your child will have homework Monday through Thursday.
- Math homework will be assigned daily.
- A spelling/vocabulary and Language Arts assignments will be given out every Monday through .
- I may assign take home projects with time frames of one to two weeks. I will always provide the children with clear expectations, due dates, and grading rubrics when they are assigned long term projects.
- Every night, your child needs to read for 15 mins. They can read independently: aloud or silently. There is an optional book log that can be filled out. As a reward, if a child has read 20 books in a month, they will get a homework pass. This extra reading will help your child’s fluency with reading!
- If homework assignments are not completed on time, they will have to complete it during recess or Team Time.
Your child should not take more than 30 minutes to complete assignments each night.