Homework Page Date: Tuesday, 3/11/14
*** In the event of bad weather or anything should cause school to be closed, please note the following:
Quizzes that were supposed to take place on the missed day(s) will take place when we return.
Assignments due on the missed day(s) as well as those originally due on the day we return are all due.
- DOL: Week #7/Sentences/# (no new...study for quiz on Thursday!)
- *DOL Quiz : Week #7 quiz date : tentatively set for Thurs., 3/13
- -Students will be responsible for writing the rule/reason they made a particular correction.
- Class Writing: no new assignments
- Writing Response/Journal:
- New prompt choices are introduced on Fridays. The response needs to be written on a teacher provided form that breaks the paragraph into the three main required parts plus the copy of the prompt. If this form is not available or if a student prefers to type it, the 4 sections need to be separated: a copy of the prompt, the topic sentence, the body with supporting details, and a concluding sentence.*Students were given information on how to create their response with two examples. This information should remain in their binder all year as a reference.
Choice #1: March sometimes brings crazy weather. People have said that this month “comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.” What do you think this idiom means? Do you think this is true? Explain.
Choice #2: What are your three favorite things to do on an unexpected day off from school? Explain why you enjoy these particular activities.
Due: Friday, 3/14
- Class Writing: Writing Prompts Packet #3: no new assignments
- WOW : March packet/due: Wed., 3/26
- Grammar: Verbs/study for quiz!
- Verb Unit Quiz: Wed., 3/12
- PSSA Practice: Packet #3/pp. 16 & 17 / due: Wed., 3/12
- Always have an independent reading book with you in every class!
Social Studies /Greece Unit for the online textbook, follow directions found on either the "social studies resources" or "social studies" pages of this website
*Maps are not included with this online textbook...only text.
Today students reviewed their homework and received information on a rap performance assignment about the odyssey of Odysseus. (This assignment and practice for it will all take place here at school in class.)
Homework:Rap performance/due: Thurs., 3/27