Homework Page Date: Thursday, 12/5/13 *** In the event of bad weather or anything should cause school to be closed, please note the following:
Quizzes that were supposed to take place on the missed day(s) will take place when we return.
Assignments due on the missed day(s) as well as those originally due on the day we return are all due.
- DOL: Week #5/Sentences #5 & 6/due: Tues., 12/10*DOL Quiz : Week #5 quiz is tentatively set for: Thursday, 12/19
- -Students will be responsible for writing the rule/reason they made a particular correction.
- Writing Response/Journal: New prompt choices are introduced on Fridays. The response needs to be written on a teacher provided form that breaks the paragraph into the three main required parts plus the copy of the prompt. If this form is not available or if a student prefers to type it, the 4 sections need to be separated: a copy of the prompt, the topic sentence, the body with supporting details, and a concluding sentence.*Students were given information on how to create their response with two examples. This information should remain in their binder all year as a reference.
*NO PROMPTS THIS WEEK*
- Class Writing: Writing Prompts Packet #3: "Night Flight"/response due: Mon., 12/9
- WOW : December Packet/due: 1/3/14
- Grammar: Verb packet/ p. 28
- PSSA Practice: "John Muir"/due: Wed., 12/11
- Always have an independent reading book with you in every class!
Social Studies /Geography Unit
for the online textbook, follow directions found on either the "social studies resources" or "social studies" pages of this website
*Maps are not included with this online textbook...only text.
Today students:started learning about the ancient Phoenicians.
1. Accidental Broken Rules story: (Hammurabi's Code)
- prewrite (on back of instruction sheet)/due: Friday, 12/6
- rough draft/due: Tues., 12/10
- Final copy/due: Wed., 12/11