- Grades will be consist of the following:
- Reading Comprehension
- Robust Vocabulary
- Students will create original writing samples with while focusing on the analytical scoring traits according to the Pennsylvania Academic Standards.
- Students will be placed into Guided Reading groups where they will receive small group instruction at their instructional level.
Our reading series for the Language Arts is called StoryTown. Below are the skills taught for each theme in the curriculum.
Theme 1 Skills:
character traits, story setting, locating information, statements and questions, commands and exclamations, complete and simple subjects/predicates, compound subjects/predicates
Theme 2 Skills:
fact and opinion, main idea and details, simple and compound sentences, common and proper nouns, abbreviations, singular and plural nouns
Theme 3 Skills:
plot, author's purpose, using story structure, possessive nouns, singular and plural pronouns, subject and object pronouns, pronoun-antecedent agreement
Theme 4 Skills:
compare and contrast, theme, prefixes and suffixes, adjectives, adjectives that compare, articles, action verbs
To access StoryTown stories:
1. Go to Think Central Website which can be found here
2. Type in the following information:
District: East Penn School District
School: Macungie Elementary School
3. Click "Login"
4. Click "Library"
5. Click "StoryTown Student eBook Grade 4"
Check out some of the links below. You'll find websites with fun games to practice your skills.