Online Math Resources and Activities: http://www.harcourtschool.com/menus/math.html
Math Practice Workbook is available HERE!
- Students switch classes for Math for one hour each day.
- Placement is determined by a benchmark assessment and timed addition and subtraction facts at the beginning of the school year.
- Flexible grouping allows for students to move from one class to another throughout the year based on the need for further enrichment or reteaching.
- The Harcourt Math program emphasizes problem-solving, reasoning, analyzing data, written explanations, and applying skills to real-world situations.
- Topics include Understanding Numbers and Operations, Time and Money, Multiplication and Division, Place Value, Fractions and Decimals, Measurement, Geometry, Data, Graphing, and Probability.
- Students are assessed with chapter tests and unit tests, and they will receive study guides prior to every test.
- All tests are to be signed by a parent and returned to homeroom teachers.
- Students will receive letter grades on their report cards for Math.