Counseling Roles and Objectives
Discover What We Can Do For You
- Orienting students to the school's facilities and programs
- Providing information on academic progress
- Counselors meet with every child's teaching team daily and are available to provide parents with academic updates.
- Counselors meet with students who are experiencing academic difficulties.
- Progress reports are issued midway through each marking period.
- Report cards are issued quarterly
- Promoting social and emotional well-being;assisting with peer relationships
- Selecting appropriate courses and registering students for classes
- Facilitating career development;overseeing use of Career Cruising
- Developing satisfactory and acceptable social behavior
- Helping students understand ability, attitude, and potential
- Providing a system of referral and follow-up services with agencies and other resources
- Teaching effective communication , problem solving, decision-making and conflict resolution.