Items to bring to school
- A backpack or bag will be very helpful to your child, as there will be many items that will need to travel back and forth from school to home and vice versa.
- Your homework folder will be supplied by the PTO. We will be using the green W.E.S. folder that you will receive on the first day of school as your homework folder. Your child may also want to bring at least 2 other folders to school (one for Unfinished Work, and one for Social Studies/Science).
- A pencil box or pencil case with extra pencils is also recommended. Your child will be responsible for keeping track of pencils, crayons, erasers, glue sticks, etc. He/she will also be switching classrooms for Science, Social Studies, WIN Time, and Math. It makes it much easier to carry materials if they are contained in a pencil case or box.
- A glue stick would be a helpful item for your child to have in his/her desk. Although we have some in the classroom, they often run out quickly.
- A healthy snack every day.
Other OPTIONAL Supplies:
- Crayons, scissors, an individual pencil sharpener, markers, colored pencils and/or antibacterial hand gel are also items your child may prefer to bring to school. Your child will be given his/her own pack of crayons at the beginning of the school year, but often times these crayons are lost or broken throughout the year. Class sets of markers, scissors, and colored pencils are also available in our classroom; however, I realize some children prefer to have their own supplies.
- We often use individual whiteboards during instruction. If your child has his/her own dry erase marker and an old rag or sock to use as an eraser, it will save us valuable instructional time. We do have a class set of markers and erasers.
- Your child may also wish to bring a water bottle to keep on his/her desk. We do have a water fountain available in the classroom, but keeping a water bottle close by eliminates the distraction of walking to/from the water fountain during lessons and activities.
- Please note that although the temperature is still warm outside, the building is often kept at a low temperature. Please feel free to send a sweatshirt or sweater along with your child in case he/she gets chilly throughout the day.
*Please remember to put your child's name on each of the supplies brought to school. Thank you!
Almost all of these supplies will be available for use in our classroom. However, I know some students prefer to have some supplies as their own. It's your choice!