- We spend approximately three hours on Language Arts each day.
- The StoryTown series by Harcourt School Publishers is a balanced literacy program that focuses on oral language, phonics, spelling, reading, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and writing.
- Flexible guided reading groups are formed using data from the end of second grade and the beginning of third grade.
- Flexible grouping allows for students to move from one guided reading group to another throughout the year based on the need for further enrichment or reteaching.
- Each week, we work with a new spelling list, reading skill, phonics skill, grammar skill, and reading story that will be assessed with a comprehensive test every Friday.
- All tests are to be signed and returned.
- Students will receive letter grades on their report cards for Language Arts.
- Online resources for skills in each theme are available at https://ep-storytown.wikispaces.com/3rd_Grade.